Evaluations and Screenings
Comprehensive evaluations, supplemental testing, observations, screenings and/or evaluation reviews are provided for students depending on their individual need for identifying and monitoring a comprehensive and effective language and executive function therapy plans. Our evaluations help to identify a student's strengths and challenges profile for using language and executive functioning skills in daily home and school settings. Recommendations may include specific accommodations and skill training in school, therapy and home settings as well as specific resources for teaching the aspects of executive function skills that are challenging for a student.
Some of our students include bright learners who have undergone prior testing that did not reveal specific challenges, but executive functioning weaknesses impede their ability to consistently meet academic demands. Some students may have had prior testing that identified any of the following diagnoses that can complicate executive functioning:
We closely observe how the student is executing in the classroom as well as within the larger school environment.
Important executive function based questions are asked:
- Are they goal oriented?
- Can they sustain attention to task?
- How does the student manage their time and organize materials in and outside of the classroom?
- Can the child read the room, respond accordingly and transition effectively?
- Has the student completed and turned in homework?
- Does the student obey rules, participate in class discussions, shows interest in the subject, enjoys helping others, etc.
- How often does the student demonstrate a problem solving approach to unexpected changes or problems?
- How does the student communicate with teachers and peers during instruction and informal social times?
Specific strategies and goals are recommended based on the analysis. Classroom recommendations and program development are provided in conjunction with formal evaluation measures or independently as deemed appropriate for an individual student’s situation.